[Building Sakai] SharePoint Sakai Web Part?

csev csev at umich.edu
Tue Mar 23 08:29:24 PDT 2010

Dan,

If using IMS Basic LTI was an approach that you might find useful, there is a bunch of C# code written to do BasicLTI at this codeplex project:

http://mir.codeplex.com/

It is not itself a "web part" but the Basic LTI bits of it could be made into a web part pretty easily, I would think.

The code is free and open source - it was developed on funds from a Microsoft grant through IMS.

My guess if you wanted to adapt some of this into a webpart you might want to make a new codeplex project or a Sakai contrib project.

At the same time - LTI might not be the use case you really want.   In that case, look at the various clever portal approaches using web services, a Sakai produced RSS feed, or the Indiana approach that made a specialized feed and then you make a Web Part UI that pulls the info in the background and then displays a dashboard.

/Chuck