[Building Sakai] Sakai tool installer

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 15:26:29 PDT 2010

There is a project in contrib that is along similar lines:

Contrib: Sakai Installer
http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/SAKINST/Home

... an installer that does two things: it check for and installs a Java JRE and it starts a demo version of Sakai that is placed on the stick alongside the installer. Once started, Sakai runs entirely from the stick. The database is HSQLDB, which is stored on the stick itself. That means you can start Sakai from the stick, create users, sites, resources etc and than plug the stick into a different computer and find Sakai in the exact state that you left it in.

The source for the Sakai installer is in contrib: https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib//sakai-installer/

cheers,
Steve