[Building Sakai] Who is using the Search Tool?

David Haines dlhaines at umich.edu
Fri Mar 19 06:28:25 PDT 2010

We use search in a limited way at Michigan.  It is only installed in a few sites and we run the actual searches on a separate host we keep out of the cluster. Running search on each server seemed to have impractical resource requirements at our scale when we looked at it a couple of years ago. We are just unclear on the practical implications of letting everybody use it on all content at our scale so we don't have a plan to expand it's usage.

Search does a good job at covering a lot of the data entered in Sakai including announcements, wiki entries, and uploaded files.

- Dave

David Haines
CTools Developer
Digital Media Commons