[Building Sakai] Assistance for Presentation

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 02:16:10 PDT 2010

Hi Warwick,

Some quick info:
http://sakaiproject.org/whos-using-sakai
http://sakaiproject.org/sakai-community-map

https://www.ohloh.net/p/sakai/contributors - 93 developers
https://www.ohloh.net/p/4006/contributors - 142 developers

http://sakaiproject.org/sakai-foundation
http://sakaiproject.org/product-council
http://sakaiproject.org/community-overview

>> 4. How much money has been invested in developing Sakai thus far?
A founding grant from the Mellon Foundation, plus immeasurable contributions from institutions who put their time into developing and enhancing the product. Ohloh has financial stats at the bottom right here: https://www.ohloh.net/p/sakai/ - accuracy of that number would be an interesting discussion.

All the best,
Steve