[Building Sakai] Assistance for Presentation

Stephen Marquard stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Tue Mar 16 02:11:56 PDT 2010

Translated interface, yes. There is no special support for translated course material and assessments - you'd need to have separate versions of the content and assessment for each language.

On Q1 below, see

http://sakaiproject.org/community-overview (over 200 deployments)

and

http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/PROD

On Q3 below, the formal structures in place are:

Sakai Foundation and Board
http://sakaiproject.org/sakai-foundation

Sakai Product Council
http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/MGT/Sakai+Product+Council

Sakai Maintenance Team
http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/MNT/Home

Sakai QA Working Group
http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/QA/Home

Sakai Release Management Working Group
http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/REL/Release+Management+Working+Group

and just as important, a set of less formal communities including

Teaching & Learning Group
http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=21954623

and the Portfolio, Accessibility, Internationalization, and other groups.

For Q4, I don't know of a way to establish that figure. The ohloh metrics work on source code and cites a notional cost of $33 million for Sakai core. There's also Sakai contrib quoted at $133 million, though that's starting to sound a little extreme.

Regards
Stephen

>>> Warwick Chapman <warwickchapman at gmail.com> 3/16/2010 10:44 AM >>>
Also, is it capable of handling both translated interface as well as

--
Sent from my mobile device