[Building Sakai] Question about how to patch

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Thu Mar 4 13:34:53 PST 2010

Depending on the version you're running you might not actually have to run
the gradebook2.patch file. For instance, the 1.2.0-b1 tag is already setup
to build against 2.6, so it only needs to patch samigo (sam.patch) gradebook
1 (gradebook.patch), and optionally the sakai pom (sakai.patch). If it fails
or thinks it was previously was applied it generally means it wasn't needed.

I'm not sure about the 1.1.6 tag, as that tag doesn't appear in the current
tags anymore.

I just build tag 1.2.0-b1 in windows (2.6.x) and linux (2.6.1) with no
problems. The linux went smoother, but following the instructions I had for
windows it went fine as well.

-Matthew