[Building Sakai] Sakai3 IM and presence capabilities

Adam Hocek Adam.Hocek at marist.edu
Mon Mar 1 11:29:00 PST 2010

Hi Clay,

Thank you for your response and the links you included.  It is helpful to
see the direction that Sakai3 is going and what has yet to be determined.
It seems that the implications of having an IM gateway could be
significant in that presence and IM might be shared between trusted
parties.  Having this in place would also make the application a fully
functional IM and presence application available to both internal and
external users.  I do fully appreciate at this time that the issues being
addressed are based on priority and some of the lower priority issues will
get addressed at a later time.
Thank you again for your response.

- Adam

Adam Hocek