[Building Sakai] Custom skins with COURSE sites

Sean Keesler sean.keesler at threecanoes.com
Mon Jun 28 14:11:33 PDT 2010

It looks like the "Appearance" drop down menu is ONLY available when
creating course sites.
That is how it is documented in the "sakai_properties.doc" file.

*iconNames.count
iconNames.n
# for worksite setup, which offers a list of Appearance (Icon) choices
(course sites only)
iconNames.count=4
iconNames.1=*default*
iconNames.2=humanities
iconNames.3=engineering
iconNames.4=pig*

*
*But you can always assign ANY site ANY available skin with the Sites tool.

Sean Keesler
130 Academy Street
Manlius, NY 13104
315-682-0830
sean.keesler at threecanoes.com

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 4:24 PM, Boyd, Amy E <amyboyd at txstate.edu> wrote:
> Hi Sean -
>
> I have that property set to false.  My original email was correct (the
second one I sent out was wrong...  oops).  We can use them with *course*
sites but not with project sites.  I am not aware of any setting for project
sites, and tried the obvious: "disable.project.site.skin.selection", but
apparently that one's not a property.  I've found plenty of documentation
regarding customizing skins, but nothing that deals with course sites vs
projects site (or any other type of site).

> Thanks -
> Amy

project sites.  We want them to work with course sites.  Does anyone know
how to configure Sakai so that *course* sites can select a skin?

sakai-dev-bounces at collab.sakaiproject.org] On Behalf Of Boyd, Amy E
>> Sent: Monday, June 28, 2010 10:57 AM
>> To: sakai-dev at collab.sakaiproject.org
>> Subject: [Building Sakai] Custom skins with project sites
>>
>> Hello all -
>>
>> We have several custom skins in Sakai that are available to our users
when creating a course site.  I can't seem to get them to work with project
sites.  Does anyone out there have any information regarding getting custom
skins to work with project sites?