[Building Sakai] Samigo i18n & Basque date format

Daniel Merino daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Mon Jun 28 04:30:09 PDT 2010

Hi everybody.

I have submitted a JIRA (http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-18704)
about a problem with the basque language in Samigo, in the 2.7.0-RC01
version. Changing the language from spanish to basque makes Samigo to
crash because the date format of the publishing options doesn't change
properly.

However, the problem can be divided in two different issues: 1) The
problems about localizing the Samigo dates when the user changes his
language in preferences. And 2) The problem because in Samigo the basque
language is using the dates in the english format (mm/dd/yyyy) instead
of the european format (dd/mm/yyyy).

So I wonder if there is any configuration tip to change the default date
format for the basque language in Samigo to be the same format that the
Spanish one. That could solve our problems while we wait for a solution
to SAK-18704.

Thanks in advance.
Best regards.
--
Daniel Merino
daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Gestor de teleformación - Centro Superior de Innovación Educativa.