[Building Sakai] Add Users

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Thu Jun 24 11:33:40 PDT 2010

A a quick followup to Steve's comment, I'd written a Rhino script to perform
the add user process a few months ago. (
https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/msub/umich.edu/ctools/builds/trunk/tools/sakaiscript/rhino/
)

However at the request of Aaron at the conference, I also wrote up a quick
client side interface which performs all of this in the browser. [1] It
users jquery and the jquery csv plugin [2] to parse value from a text box.
Because POST isn't XSS restricted (only reading the result) you can use this
page to add to your own server, or just save the source and get 2 external
scripts to be customized to do a few other things possible with EB (create
sites, add users to sites, etc).

It *possibly* could also do an ajax upload and use that file, but that would
require a little server side processing and local temporary storage, whereas
this is all in client-side javascript.

Anyway, as you can see there are a few ways of doing this.

[1] http://ctnightly.dmc.dc.umich.edu/staticcontent/csv/
[2] http://plugins.jquery.com/project/csv

-Matthew