[Building Sakai] Improving Sakai by deeling with cross cutting concerns.

Berg, Alan A.M.Berg at uva.nl
Wed Jun 16 05:24:42 PDT 2010

Hi fellow hard workers,

I consider it vital to the quality of the Sakai experience to hunt down cross cutting issues.

David Roldan Martinez is the QA lead for Internationalization. His role is to keep pressure on making Internationalization a smooth consistent experience by finding and supporting the removal of defects. He does this rather well and is supported by his own programming skills and a couple of other developers on top of the project teams /MT effort.

There are currently 7 patches decaying that need to be reviewed by specific projects. Can the responsible projects review the code and then merge promptly. The reason I ask this is the QA director finds leads for other cross cutting concerns more Jira's will be filled and sometimes patches generated. To make the QA lead experience as pleasurable as possible the patches need to get into trunk efficiently then the QA leads who are donating time and passion can see the fruition of their work and be more motivated to continue.

The message is if you see QA leads (problem owner) jiraíng contributed patches please promptly support. The 7 patches are an example of what needs to happen efficiently.

Thank you

Alan

Alan Berg
QA Director - The Sakai Foundation