[Building Sakai] Search weirdness

Stephen Marquard stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Wed Jun 16 04:30:39 PDT 2010

Hi Adrian,

Search does not store the digested content in the index itself (it just stores the search terms), so when the search tool displays a list of matches, it calls the ECP for each item to get back a digested version show it can show the few lines with matching text.

One of the changes between 2.6 and 2.7 is that the digested content now gets stored in a separate filesystem tree on first digesting (at index time), removing the need to re-digest it every time there's a match on the content in the index. Are you seeing behaviour below in 2.6.x or 2.7/trunk?

Regards
Stephen

>>> Adrian Fish <a.fish at lancaster.ac.uk> 6/16/2010 4:45 AM >>>
I've implemented a EntityContentProducer in YAFT which works as
expected. The search index builder calls into it when a relevant YAFT
event occurs or when the index is refreshed and all seems okay.
However,when I search for something I know is there, via the search tool
interface, the matches and getContent methods on my ECP get called
again, even though the content should theoretically be in the index. I'm
wondering whether this is the case for all the search enabled tools.

Has anybody any idea what is going on?

Cheers,

Adrian.

--
Adrian Fish
email: a.fish at lancaster.ac.uk

http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/YAFT/Yaft
http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/BLOG/Home
http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/AGORA/Home

###
UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN

This e-mail is subject to the UCT ICT policies and e-mail disclaimer published on our website at http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable from +27 21 650 4500. This e-mail is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If the e-mail has reached you in error, please notify the author. If you are not the intended recipient of the e-mail you may not use, disclose, copy, redirect or print the content. If this e-mail is not related to the business of UCT it is sent by the sender in the sender's individual capacity.

###