[Building Sakai] Unexpected login prompts - Sakai 2.6.0

Grossman,John E john.grossman at mdanderson.org
Tue Jun 15 13:03:23 PDT 2010

We are running a CSS load balancer with two Sakai instances. The Sakai instances are not cluster aware.
The CSS is configured for SSL sticky sessions as we use SSL for all traffic to Sakai. This is based on the SSL Session ID (not the Sakai session ID).

We did suspect the load balancer, but the odd thing is that when you get this unexpected prompt to authenticate, you can generally re-enter your Sakai session with no problems. If the load balancer were sending you to the wrong server, it seems like you wouldn't be able to re-enter the Sakai session because the session would only exist on the original server. Am I misunderstanding Sakai sessions?

John