[Building Sakai] chat in presence

D. Stuart Freeman stuart.freeman at et.gatech.edu
Wed Jun 2 06:54:23 PDT 2010

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 08:51:39PM -0400, Martin B. Smith wrote:
> I think the hardest part of integrating Sakai components that speak XMPP
> is figuring out the model... does Sakai host an XMPP server inside the
> app? could Sakai simply be a witness on an existing XMPP chat room? how
> does that user or server address map to the wider XMPP world? etc...

I think this is also the most important part of how Sakai and XMPP would
integrate.  Ideally both approches should be possible, if you don't
already have an XMPP server on your campus Sakai should be able to
provide one, but if you do Sakai should be able to integrate with it so
that you don't have to host competing services.

--
D. Stuart Freeman
Georgia Institute of Technology