[Building Sakai] Case issues in Hibernate group manager

David Horwitz david.horwitz at uct.ac.za
Wed Jul 28 05:35:57 PDT 2010

Hi All,

There's a tricky issue in the Hibernate group manager (see
http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-16404) Basically this is similar
to the case issues in user provision we have seen in the past. The
problem with the current code is that if a provider id is entered in the
wrong case in a non-case sensisitve db (e.g. mysql) users will appear
and disappear from the realm.  However simply fixing that check (as I
tried) then breaks on case-sensitive db's.

Like the user service I would suggest that all incoming data be
normalized to avoid such problems. Is anyone relying in case sensitivity
to distinguish group eids?