[Building Sakai] svn merge across repositories

John Bush john.bush at rsmart.com
Tue Jul 27 12:02:09 PDT 2010

Maybe I'm the only person that didn't know this, but as of svn 1.5 you
can merge across repositories.  I know a lot of people are using msub
now, but probably a lot of others do vendor dropping.  Basically, that
isn't necessary anymore, as you can merge between a local repo and
sakai's in either direction.  I'm not sure if I want to laugh or cry
seeing as how much time I spend doing this sort of thing, but thought
I'd share for others who might not have been aware.

see http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.5/svn.branchmerge.advanced.html

or http://www.google.com/search?q=foreign+repository+merge+svn&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

--
John Bush