[Building Sakai] Gradebook Situation

Clay Fenlason clay.fenlason at et.gatech.edu
Tue Jul 27 06:14:59 PDT 2010

We started to talk about the state of various gradebook tools at the
Project Coordination meetings in Denver, and some discussion between
Kirk, Karen and I has followed since, so an update is in order.  I
wanted also to communicate the information more widely and make sure
the rest of the community was aware.

You can find an overview of the gradebook situation in Confluence [1],
where the information will be revised as the situation develops.
Questions and comments welcome, though you'll notice we don't have
answers to every question yet.

Please note in particular the next step planned around 2.8. In
mid-August UCDavis and IU are planning to come together to agree on
the final details of a common data model, and it's expected that this
work (including conversion scripts) could be completed by the
projected code freeze in mid-September

~Clay

[1] http://confluence.sakaiproject.org//x/_hIhB