[Building Sakai] Change proposal for 2.8: export_filename_date_format (i18n to configuration)

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 16:04:49 PDT 2010

I would also argue that most English locales are not comfortable with the US format date string either, as the MM-dd-yyyy format seems illogical to the rest of us. This format is not even used outside the US. However, the ISO format of yyyy-MM-dd is perfectly suitable and I would +1 this being the default with the option to configure.

Interesting map here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_and_time_notation_by_country

cheers,
Steve