[Building Sakai] Please help me import sakai into eclipse

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 23:10:11 PDT 2010

Hi,

My advice is to not import the entirety of the source code into Eclipse. There is no real need to have it all in there. Just import the modules you want to work on, eg portal.
You can run:

mvn eclipse:clean eclipse:eclipse -DdownloadSources=true

to regenerate the Eclipse metadata. Then import the project. Alternatively, import the module by creating a new Java project and pointing it at the existing source, then resolve the dependencies from your maven repository. Make sure you have actually build Sakai via Maven before doing this.

cheers,
Steve