[Building Sakai] Feasibility Quote

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 21:05:25 PDT 2010

Hi,

As discussed in the other thread, you can easily create sites and add users to those sites via the web services. All of the web services are documented.

However, you cannot currently interact with Tests and Quizzes via the webservices yet for two reasons:
1. There are no web services to do that.
2. With the current state of the Tests and Quizzes API, you cannot write a web service to do that.

I mentioned a thread you should take a look at, but here is the information:

=================
On 13/07/2010, at 10:16 AM, Karen Tsao wrote:
> There is no API for you to use in current Samigo. You can either create a JIRA under Samigo, or, if you would like to implement this yourself, you can try to add overloaded methods with additional siteId parameter in following places:
>
> 1. In AssessmentFacadeQueries.java, add overloaded methods for registerWithCurrentSite and createAssessmentWithoutDefaultSection.
> 2. In AssessmentService.java, add an overloaded method for createAssessmentWithoutDefaultSection.
> 3. In AuthoringHelper.java, add an overloaded method for createImportedAssessment .
> 4. In QTIService.java, add an overloaded method for createImportedAssessment.
>
> And now you can make a call to the new qtiService.createImportedAssessment. .

I've filed this in JIRA for you as: http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAM-946

cheers,
Steve