[Building Sakai] Help with sharedJournalBase

Stephen Marquard stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Thu Jul 15 10:11:46 PDT 2010

Hi Katherine,

Are you using the Search tool? If not, then you can just disable it with search.enable=false in sakai.properties and delete all these files.

If you are using it, then you have some problem with the shared search index (journal) files not being merged, which is what usually keeps the number manageable. The easiest way to recover from this is to drop all the search tables (or delete their contents), restart the cluster and do a global search index rebuild.

Regards
Stephen

>>> Katherine Faella <kmf at uri.edu> 7/15/2010 7:05 PM >>>
Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me with this, I am quite confused.  In our
sakai.properties we have the following:

sharedJournalBase at org.sakaiproject.search.api.JournalSettings=/sakaimisc/search/sharedJournalBase

We are running 2.5.x in a clustered environment.  My problem is that I
don't really understand what this property controls.  The directory
specified currently contains a subdirectory searchjournal which contains
over 35,000 zip files and seems to be growing.  What event triggers the
creation of these files? Do they ever get deleted?

Thanks,
Kathy

--
Katherine Faella                        tel: (401) 874-4469
Sr. Technical Programmer                kmf at uri.edu
University of Rhode Island
University Computing Systems(UCS)
210 Flagg Road