[Building Sakai] Help with sharedJournalBase

Katherine Faella kmf at uri.edu
Thu Jul 15 10:05:43 PDT 2010

Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me with this, I am quite confused.  In our
sakai.properties we have the following:

sharedJournalBase at org.sakaiproject.search.api.JournalSettings=/sakaimisc/search/sharedJournalBase

We are running 2.5.x in a clustered environment.  My problem is that I
don't really understand what this property controls.  The directory
specified currently contains a subdirectory searchjournal which contains
over 35,000 zip files and seems to be growing.  What event triggers the
creation of these files? Do they ever get deleted?

Thanks,
Kathy

--
Katherine Faella                        tel: (401) 874-4469
Sr. Technical Programmer                kmf at uri.edu
University of Rhode Island
University Computing Systems(UCS)
210 Flagg Road