[Building Sakai] User account integration

Kevin P. Foote kpfoote at iup.edu
Wed Jul 7 08:32:27 PDT 2010

Brandon ..

I'm coming in late on this thread, and don't want to catch up.....
But yes you can authN through a SP such as the Shibboleth SP or simpleSAML SP.
What your after is container auth.. here I believe.

In a sakai setup I've had apache w/shibboleth-sp providing authN to
sakai running in tomcat.. works fine. I don't think you'll need a 'custom
UserDirectoryProvider' .. at least I don't recall doing that.

Troll the list archive. It's in there..

You will have to be familiar with configuring your simpleSAML-sp ..
(which I am not).

------
thanks
  kevin.foote