[Building Sakai] Sakai 2.4.x and SakaiEventArchiveJob

Stephen Marquard stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Wed Jul 7 03:31:28 PDT 2010

We use a local perl script to do this, mostly because we want to archive the event and session data on a separate database:

http://source.cet.uct.ac.za/svn/sakai/scripts/trunk/db/archive.pl

Regards
Stephen

>>> "Dunstall, Christopher" <cdunstall at csu.edu.au> 7/7/2010 6:59 AM >>>
Hi all,

We're looking into some archiving options for SAKAI_SESSION and SAKAI_EVENT and in our travels, I discovered the jobscheduler job SakaiEventArchiveJob, located here:
jobscheduler/scheduler-component-shared/src/java/org/sakaiproject/component/app/scheduler/jobs/SakaiEventArchiveJob.java [1]

>From a  first glance, it looks like a work in progress, though all the basics are there (the deletes are commented out, however).

Is anyone using this job or something similar? Are there any gotchas in using something like this? Our other suggestions were rotating around a similar overnight process being run outside Sakai.

Any particular reason why it doesn't look complete?

[1] https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/jobscheduler/branches/sakai_2-4-x/scheduler-component-shared/src/java/org/sakaiproject/component/app/scheduler/jobs/SakaiEventArchiveJob.java

Chris Dunstall | Service Support - Applications
Technology Integration/OLE Virtual Team
Division of Information Technology | Charles Sturt University | Bathurst, NSW

Ph: 02 63384818 | Fax: 02 63384181

###
UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN

This e-mail is subject to the UCT ICT policies and e-mail disclaimer published on our website at http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable from +27 21 650 4500. This e-mail is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If the e-mail has reached you in error, please notify the author. If you are not the intended recipient of the e-mail you may not use, disclose, copy, redirect or print the content. If this e-mail is not related to the business of UCT it is sent by the sender in the sender's individual capacity.

###