[Building Sakai] Sakai 2.4.x and SakaiEventArchiveJob

Dunstall, Christopher cdunstall at csu.edu.au
Tue Jul 6 21:59:58 PDT 2010

Hi all,

We're looking into some archiving options for SAKAI_SESSION and SAKAI_EVENT and in our travels, I discovered the jobscheduler job SakaiEventArchiveJob, located here:
jobscheduler/scheduler-component-shared/src/java/org/sakaiproject/component/app/scheduler/jobs/SakaiEventArchiveJob.java [1]

>From a  first glance, it looks like a work in progress, though all the basics are there (the deletes are commented out, however).

Is anyone using this job or something similar? Are there any gotchas in using something like this? Our other suggestions were rotating around a similar overnight process being run outside Sakai.

Any particular reason why it doesn't look complete?

[1] https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/jobscheduler/branches/sakai_2-4-x/scheduler-component-shared/src/java/org/sakaiproject/component/app/scheduler/jobs/SakaiEventArchiveJob.java

Chris Dunstall | Service Support - Applications
Technology Integration/OLE Virtual Team
Division of Information Technology | Charles Sturt University | Bathurst, NSW

Ph: 02 63384818 | Fax: 02 63384181