[Building Sakai] IMS Common Cartridge import (Also IMS CP import)

Adam Marshall adam.marshall at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jul 5 04:55:33 PDT 2010

Dear Community

We've just implemented a facility to allow IMS Content Packages to be uploaded via the "Import from file" in Site Info.

I have some questions:

1/ does site info obey the "60 meg upload limit" (ie, the max upload limit set in properties)?  For IMS CC or CP courses with video this will be highly restrictive.

2/ We think that file uploads are read into memory so, if we increased the upload limit to (say) 200MB this would possibly cause performance problems. Is there a way to get the uploads to load to disc instead? Does anybody know how to do this?

Is there any other useful info that could be passed along to us?

adam

PS Our IMS CP upload facility works quite well! We will make available to commuinity once we've tidied up the last few remaining issues.