[Building Sakai] DbAliasService ConvertOld

Aaron Zeckoski aaronz at vt.edu
Sun Jan 31 01:53:21 PST 2010

I wold say deprecate it with a goal of removing it for 2.8.
How does that sound?
-AZ

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 9:38 AM, David Horwitz <david.horwitz at uct.ac.za> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Just came across the method in DbAliasService:
>
> /**
>     * Create a new table record for all old table records found, and
> delete the old.
>     */
>    protected void convertOld()
>

> Now:
> 1) Logs indicate it dates to round the origional code being imported
> into svn
> 2) The method can't be run without editing to component registration and
> adding the property in (its missing not just set to false)
> 3) I don't recall ever having run an alias conversion and have been
> using Sakai since 1.*
>
> Is there any reason to leave this in? The code has a potential db leak ....

Aaron Zeckoski (azeckoski (at) vt.edu)
Senior Research Engineer - CARET - University of Cambridge
https://twitter.com/azeckoski - http://www.linkedin.com/in/azeckoski
http://aaronz-sakai.blogspot.com/ - http://tinyurl.com/azprofile