[Building Sakai] proposal: js in reference

Silverio, Gonzalo gsilver at umich.edu
Fri Jan 29 13:13:39 PST 2010

Hi,

Would like to rationalize the js files in reference. The goal is to make
available the most commonly used ones there to avoid duplication and also to
devise a way in which we can upgrade without much churn. Please, let me know
what you think.

In the list below "latest" refers to the latest stable. The "-old/ folders
would collect previously used "latest" - either single versioned files or
(like is the case of jquery-ui) versioned directories. Provided for projects
that cannot or do not want to test with latest version or upgrade to it.
This may be more complicated than is needed.

"jquery.js" at the very bottom represents a challenge - it is referenced
already in many places - so propose to leave as is and remove if and when no
project references is anymore.

/js/jquery-ui-latest/
/js/fluid-latest/
/js/jquery-ui-old/
  /jquery-ui-version.number/
 /js/fluid-old/
  /fluid-version.number/
/jquery-old/
  /jquery/jquery-version.number.js
/trimpath-old/
  trimpath-template-version.number.js

jquery-latest.js
trimpath-template-latest.js
jquery.js

This is just about frameworks external to Sakai.

Many thanks.

    -Gonzalo