[Building Sakai] Problem with ENTITY_PROPERTIES and ENTITY_TAG_APPLICATIONS tables

Aaron Zeckoski aaronz at vt.edu
Wed Jan 27 14:17:46 PST 2010

It is talking about the index key and not the id which you are
referring to. If you upgrade your version of mysql and your mysql
connector you should be fine.
-AZ

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 10:07 PM, Tan Dinh Nguyen <tnguyen at iupui.edu> wrote:

> I am currently having error when I started my tomcat with the sakai trunk. I
> am using mysql as the database for my local instance. Here is the error
> message from the catalina.out:
>
> INFO: [GenericDao] Could not execute first DDL line, skipping the rest:
> StatementCallback; bad SQL grammar [CREATE TABLE ENTITY_PROPERTIES ( id
> bigint(20) AUTO_INCREMENT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY, entityRef       varchar(255)
> NOT NULL, entityPrefix    varchar(255) NOT NULL, propertyName
> varchar(255) NOT NULL, propertyValue   text NOT NULL, INDEX (entityRef,
> entityPrefix, propertyName) )]; nested exception is
> com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Specified key was too
> long; max key length is 1000
> bytes:com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Specified key was
> too long; max key length is 1000 bytes
> INFO: [GenericDao] Could not execute first DDL line, skipping the rest:
> StatementCallback; bad SQL grammar [CREATE TABLE ENTITY_TAG_APPLICATIONS (
> id            bigint(20) AUTO_INCREMENT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY, entityRef
> varchar(255) NOT NULL, entityPrefix    varchar(255) NOT NULL, tag
> varchar(255) NOT NULL, INDEX (entityRef, entityPrefix, tag) )]; nested
> exception is com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Specified
> key was too long; max key length is 1000
> bytes:com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Specified key was
> too long; max key length is 1000 bytes
>
> I guess the key has to be less than 1000 bytes for mysql database. I am not
> familiar with these 2 tables. I assume that I can change the id to something
> smaller than bigint(20). Does any one have any suggestions/comments?
>

> Thanks,
> Tan Nguyen

Aaron Zeckoski (azeckoski (at) vt.edu)
Senior Research Engineer - CARET - University of Cambridge
https://twitter.com/azeckoski - http://www.linkedin.com/in/azeckoski
http://aaronz-sakai.blogspot.com/ - http://tinyurl.com/azprofile