[Building Sakai] How to make roster tool available only to maintainers

Kara Stiles kara.stiles at rsmart.com
Mon Jan 25 15:58:54 PST 2010

You could try setting the functions.require value in the roster tool's reg file to roster.viewprofile or something.

The functions.require setting sets the permission required in order to view a tool.  Setting/changing this value works for most tools.

Looks like this:

 <configuration name="functions.require" value="roster.viewprofile"/>

For some reason, the roster tool doesn't seem to have a default functions.require value in its tool reg file.  Strange.  Most tools have that.  I'm not sure if adding this config value will even work for the roster tool, but I suppose it'd be worth a try.

I seem to remember having a problem with this same issue in the roster tool awhile ago.

Kara Stiles
Senior Functional Consultant
rSmart
http://www.rsmart.com