[Building Sakai] Gradebook2 and Sakai 2.6.x

James Renfro jlrenfro at ucdavis.edu
Wed Jan 13 13:52:17 PST 2010

Hi Kevin,
Sorry about that... it's a known bug in the 1.1.x versions, in the JIRA as
GRBK-387 [1]. We're currently QAing a fix for 1.2.0 -- basically what's
happening is that the client is sending multiple (most likely identical)
configuration change requests, for example when the instructor changing the
width of a column... it's basically a transaction problem, so when the
second or third request arrives the query to determine if we want an insert
or an update in the db has already come back "insert", so the service tries
to insert twice with the same record. We have it in production without
hearing any negative feedback from the users, and from what I can see in the
code I believe it's in the category of unpleasant but non-destructive
exceptions.

Let me know if it's actually causing problems for you and I can try to
backport the fix to 1.1.x -- this would involve cutting a 1.1.6 tag.

Thanks,
James

[1] http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/GRBK-387