[Building Sakai] question about siteService.getSites()

Nicola Monat-Jacobs nicola at longsight.com
Fri Feb 26 10:41:22 PST 2010

Hi -

I have a question about getSites() - I'm trying to get all the sites (regardless of whether or not the current user is enrolled) that fit a certain criteria - namely that their site titles match a certain substring. The following code seems to work:

String rule = "CHEM";

List<Site> sites = siteService.getSites(SelectionType.ANY, null, rule, null, SortType.NONE, new PagingPosition());

except that only one site is returned (the first one usually). There shouldn't be any paging here, right? Even explicitly setting the paging to false doesn't seem to change matters.

Any thoughts on why only one result would be returned? (There are definitely many sites that fit that criteria in the system.)

Thanks,
Nicola

PS (Thank goodness there's wireless in this igloo!)