[Building Sakai] Multi tenant/Host Managing

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Feb 25 03:52:24 PST 2010

On 25 February 2010 10:06, Amy <amy at jupinno.com> wrote:

> We basically want to have the following:
>
> One web database server
>
> One Sakai Application
>
> Several Admins – but these admins cannot see the courses that are not
> assigned to them, and they will have the access only to users that they have
> created.

We have something similar in our local build called Administration
sites where by a site of site are administered by one site which might
be close to what you're looking for.

Kernel patch: http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL-300
Local Doc: https://weblearn.ox.ac.uk/access/content/group/info/step/adminsites1.pdf

There is also a set of patches to Site-Info for this but I was going
to wait for comments on KNL-300 before tidying them up and putting
them in JIRA.

However we don't have a way of partitioning users in the same way so
the users remain in one big pool.

--
  Matthew Buckett
  VLE Developer, LTG, Oxford University Computing Services