[Building Sakai] Starting Nakamura on sakai3sam.caret fails

Christian Vuerings vueringschristian at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 12:36:17 PST 2010

Today I did a complete fresh build of Nakamura on sakai3sam (prototype server).

fresh build:
 - completely remove the .m2/repository folder
 - git pull ieb
 - remove the sling folder

The build went fine, but as soon as I start it I receive the following output [1].

I use the following command to start the server:
java -server -Xms256m -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Djava.awt.headless=true -Duser.timezone=Europe/London -jar org.sakaiproject.nakamura.app-0.3-SNAPSHOT.jar -p 8080 -l DEBUG

It just stops at
	org.ops4j.pax.web.service.internal.Activator Started pax http service
and keeps giving me the following message over and over again:
	DEBUG: Constraint violation for 3.0 detected; module can see javax.transaction.xa from [0] and javax.transaction.xa from [74.0]
This causes the Java process to consume 98% of the CPU.
In order to shut down the process I had to use kill -9 2332 with root access (killall java didn't work).

When I googled around to find a solution, I discovered a blogpost from someone who encountered a similar issue before [2]...

Christian

PS: On my local machine (Mac) everything works fine.

[1] http://pastebin.com/f6f737650
[2] http://blog.tfd.co.uk/2008/10/05/osgi-version-resolution/#div-comment-97