[Building Sakai] [sakai-kernel] Version numbers.

David Horwitz david.horwitz at uct.ac.za
Wed Feb 3 06:50:40 PST 2010

Michael

for clarity the objection is not to having minor versions greater than 9
but to have a situation where a change is introduced that requires a
major revision for the version number to have any meaning, have to use a
minor revision because otherwise there is a collision.

For code to use minor revisions it should be compatible with prior code.
As a member of the maitanace team and the K1 team I cannot with any
certainty say this wont happen before we EOL the K1 codebase (infact I
would be suprised if we don't hit this sooner or later - just my gut feel)