[Building Sakai] release 1 SP1 of Lesson Builder

Nate Angell nangell at rsmart.com
Tue Dec 21 15:59:03 PST 2010

Chuck:

I find the direction Lesson Builder is taking very compelling and
agree that it fits a need not well met in Sakai.

I'm wondering if you could speak some to how you see development
progressing in terms of how LB would best exist, for example as an
independent tool on its own release cycle (like Samigo and others), or
perhaps something different?

Related, how do you see LB intersecting with kernel and/or core Sakai
capabilities, and how can LB best develop to mesh effectively with
kernel/core and other tools so as to minimize alterations to other
code areas? Are there things other Sakai development teams could be
doing to make LB more effective and/or easier to deploy?

Do I have it wright that LB was originally the work of a high school
student? That alone seems worthy of great note.

- Nate