[Building Sakai] melete db column question

David Haines dlhaines at umich.edu
Wed Dec 15 09:22:05 PST 2010

Hi,

	We are upgrading melete with our upcoming release.  We've added the melete_special_access table.  The type of the USER column was translated as LONG but the following query fails since a LIKE doesn't work on a LONG field in Oracle.  We plan to use varchar2(4000) instead.  Is there any reason to think that 4000 characters won't be sufficient?

  String sql = "select a.module_id,a.start_date,a.end_date from melete_special_access a,melete_course_mod
     ule c where a.users like ? and a.module_id=c.module_id and c.course_id = ?";

Thanks - Dave

David Haines
CTools Developer
Digital Media Commons