[Building Sakai] question about sakai installation

Anthony Whyte arwhyte at umich.edu
Tue Dec 7 13:19:01 PST 2010

A source check out of the Sakai 2.7.1 tag (for instance) is identical to the 2.7.1 tarball.

There is a third option: a number of schools run the 2.7.x maintenance branch in production.  However, the maintenance branch is not "frozen" code as is the case with either a tag or a tarball.  It slowly changes as bugs are identified and addressed.

https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/sakai/branches/sakai-2.7.x/ sakai-2.7.x

I prefer svn myself.

Cheers,

Anth