[Building Sakai] VelocityServlet Error in Site Info v 2.7.0

Zhen Qian zqian at umich.edu
Wed Aug 25 07:26:52 PDT 2010

Hi, Dorie:

What is the description string for that site?

There is a recent fix for SiteTextEditUtil, SAK-18878, which refers to a
different problem though.

Thanks,

- Zhen

On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 10:15:05 -0400, "Doreen Minich"  wrote:  Good Morning,
 We see the following error under Site Info for one of our courses. Any
Suggestions?

VELOCITYSERVLET : ERROR PROCESSING THE TEMPLATE

org.apache.velocity.exception.MethodInvocationException: Invocation of
method 'doPlainTextAndLimit' in class
org.sakaiproject.site.util.SiteTextEditUtil threw exception class
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException : String index out of range: 107
org.apache.velocity.exception.MethodInvocationException: Invocation of
method 'doPlainTextAndLimit' in class
org.sakaiproject.site.util.SiteTextEditUtil threw exception class
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException : String index out of range: 107
 at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTMethod.execute(ASTMethod.java:309)

at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.execute(ASTReference.java:207)
 at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.render(ASTReference.java:250)
 at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTBlock.render(ASTBlock.java:94)...

Full error message attached
    Dorie Minich Messiah College