[Building Sakai] Issue with text/html files downloading

Stephen Marquard stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Fri Aug 20 10:07:31 PDT 2010

Hi Jacob,

The issue with text/url resources is fixed in the upcoming 2.7.1 release and the  2-6-x maintenance branch. I'm assuming these were created in some way other than through Resources / Add Web Links as those weren't affected.

Here's one similar JIRA: http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-18922

Short of upgrading to 2.7.1 or 2-7-x, the smallest fix may be to change your kernel version to the latest released 1.1 version (I think 1.1.9) in master/pom.xml, though I'm not absolutely sure that that wouldn't create other complications.

Regards
Stephen

>>> Jacob Reinelt <jjreinel at svsu.edu> 8/20/2010 6:49 PM >>>
Hello dev list,

We upgraded from Sakai 2.6.2 to 2.7.0 yesterday and are now encountering an issue where Text/URL resources are requesting to be downloaded as a text file that contains the link instead of opening the link in the browser. I've looked around online and unfortunatly have not been able to find a solution.

About the only thing I came accross regarding something along these lines is changing "content.html.secure=false " to "content.html.forcedownload=false" which we have already done in our sakai.properties. Is there another setting / thing that I should look at? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Jacob Reinelt

Saginaw Valley State University
jjreinel at svsu.edu

###
UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN

This e-mail is subject to the UCT ICT policies and e-mail disclaimer published on our website at http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable from +27 21 650 4500. This e-mail is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If the e-mail has reached you in error, please notify the author. If you are not the intended recipient of the e-mail you may not use, disclose, copy, redirect or print the content. If this e-mail is not related to the business of UCT it is sent by the sender in the sender's individual capacity.

###