[Building Sakai] Bulk update user timezones in 2.5

Beth Kirschner bkirschn at umich.edu
Mon Aug 16 08:03:57 PDT 2010

Hi Ashley,

    Time Zone preferences are stored in the SAKAI_PREFERENCES table,
but default to the java/server time-zone default. You will likely not
see any rows in this table unless someone has explicitly set their
time zone preference. I think what you really need to look into is
setting the default time zone appropriately on your server. Once this
is set correctly (you probably will need to restart sakai), all users
should have the correct time zone.

- Beth