[Building Sakai] Opensocial integration with Sakai

csev csev at umich.edu
Mon Aug 16 06:08:33 PDT 2010

Atik,

I am curious as to the use case you are trying to implement here.  I have interest in how OpenSocial can be useful in a teaching and learning context and if we need to extend OpenSocial to build learning-oriented tools:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SHINDIG/Adding+a+New+Feature+to+Shindig

I would be curious as to the use cases you are trying to support.

My feeling is that we should launch gadgets in the context of the course and the freinds in that context would be the fellow members of the course or project site.  I don't know if there is a good map for OpenSocial's activity data int some data in the LMS and something like APPDATA simply needs a place to be stored and retrieved.

I would be curious as to the use cases you are envisioning.

/Chuck