[Building Sakai] Using web service to import test

Qu, Yuanhua yq12 at txstate.edu
Wed Aug 4 18:13:06 PDT 2010

I was looking at http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAM-942 and saw that Earle was able to import assessment by using the services included in the patch.  I didn't have the luck and would like to see if you know what might be wrong in my case.

I'm using sakai2.6.2 and applied both patches for SamLite APIs and web services.  I'm using Perl script to call the service to import the assessment in file exportAssessment.xml

open FILE, "data/exportAssessment.xml" or die $!;
my $siteid = '5f852a89-eb01-4b0e-8f2f-f581eea945fc';
while (<FILE>) {
        $data .= $_;
}
close FILE;

my $result = $scriptsoap->createAssessment($session, $siteid, "", "WS test creation 3", "first test created by WS", "Default Assessment Type", $data)->result;

I did see test named "WS test creation 3" created in the site, but the question was not imported into the test.

I have no problem importing the assessment by using "Import" button in the site.  Any help would be appreciated?

Thanks.

-Qu