[Building Sakai] Using the Gradebook API

csev csev at umich.edu
Wed Aug 4 05:13:30 PDT 2010

Actually, I am at a much lower level, writing a Sakai web service to read/set/delete grades, the webservice talks to this API:

https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/edu-services/trunk/gradebook-service/api/src/java/org/sakaiproject/service/gradebook/shared/GradebookService.java

So we really want to delete the score (i.e. set it to empty and are wasy past asking "are you sure" :).

If you look at

setAssignmentScoreComment

versus

setAssignmentScoreString

And see the difference in treatment of the score/comment.

I guess I will look at the GB tool to see how it handles the "emptying" of a cell.

/Chuck