[Building Sakai] Etudes-melete 2.7.2 tool not compatible with Sakai 2.7.0 ?

Mallika M Thoppay mallika at etudes.org
Tue Aug 3 22:34:54 PDT 2010

Hi Chuot,

Melete2.7.2 has not been tested with Sakai2.7, however it appears that
you have a different problem. Were you upgrading from an older Melete
version? Upon compiling and deploying Melete, please ensure that
corresponding war files have been created and deployed under Tomcat.

Delete the tomcat_home/work/Catalina/localhost/etudes-melete-tool folder
prior to restarting.

Let us know how it proceeds and we can help you.

Thanks,
Mallika

chuot con wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I received some errors when I used Etudes-melete 2.7.2 tool. These
> errors were:
> org.sakaiproject.portal.api.PortalHandlerException: org.sakaiproject.tool.api.ToolException: Unable to compile class for JSP
>     at org.sakaiproject.portal.charon.SkinnableCharonPortal.doGet(SkinnableCharonPortal.java:768)
> caused by: org.sakaiproject.tool.api.ToolException: Unable to compile class for JSP
>     at org.sakaiproject.portal.charon.SkinnableCharonPortal.forwardTool(SkinnableCharonPortal.java:1216)
> caused by: org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP
>     at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:302)
> caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /opt/bmpm/sakaitomcat/work/Catalina/localhost/etudes-melete-tool/org/apache/jsp/melete/main_jsp.java (No such file or
>  directory)
>     at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)
>     at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:179)
>     at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:70)
>     at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateJava(Compiler.java:141)
> ,etc.
>
> I read an installation instruction to deploy Melete 2.7.2
> in Etudes site and it required Java 1.5
>
> Have the Melete 2.7.2 tool ever been compatible with Sakai 2.7.0 ?
>
> Please help me check this problem.
>
> Thanks for your helping.
>
> Thinh.

Mallika M Thoppay