[Building Sakai] issues with contemt-runconversion.sh in 2.6.x

Robert Cohen robert.cohen at anu.edu.au
Fri Apr 30 00:11:31 PDT 2010

On 29/4/10 5:03 PM, "David Horwitz" <david.horwitz at uct.ac.za> wrote:

> I would recommend that you drop the search index and rebuild it. As I
> recall there where some changes in the index format between 2.4. and 2.6
> (though I could be wrong). To do so, with tomcat stopped or search disabled:
>
> 1) delete the contents of the local and shared index directories
> 2) Clear out the search tables in the db:
>
> truncate table search_journal;
> truncate table search_node_status;
> truncate table search_segments;
> truncate table search_transaction;
> truncate table searchbuilderitem;
> truncate table searchwriterlock;

The issues werent caused by search changes from version 2.4 to 2.6.
We have already been running 2.6.x for a while. I just hadnt gotten round to
doing the "content" conversion yet.
The search indexes were already dropped and recreated back during the 2.4 to
2.6 conversion.

Those errors started appearing only during the running of the content
conversion script. I had gotten the impression it was a safe thing to do on
a live server. Maybe I was wrong. Given it took about 6 hours to run, doing
it with a live server is preferable. A 6 hour downtime wouldn't be popular
:-).

=======================================
Robert Cohen
Systems & Desktop Services