[Building Sakai] Questions about I18n jiras

Beth Kirschner bkirschn at umich.edu
Tue Apr 27 11:36:58 PDT 2010

Miriam,

    I'd suggest you post your comments directly on the JIRA, so the
person who write the JIRA ticket is more likely to see and respond to
these in context. But I've added my opinions below...

- Beth

On Apr 27, 2010, at 10:45 AM, Miriam esteve wrote:

> Jira: http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-16356
>
> according to this jira, the acceskey should not go into the
> properties messages, but I think so, because it should change
> depending on the language, the problem that no one will be bothered
> to change them.
> Exapmple
> (English) Save -s/ (Spanish) Save -g
>
> What do you think?

Seems reasonable to me.

> Jira: http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-15996
>
> I recreated this message, when you makes an samigo review with
> limited time. When you have more than one Tab, and the review ends,
> Samigo shows this message:
>
> "In both cases, which answers actually got saved depended on when a
> user last clicked Save and Continue or Save it for later."
>
>  I think that text is allways the same, and will never change. The
> problem is they used to put in bold words, the labels of buttons

> Isn't?
>
> But, my question is, if the problem is that there are labels of the
> buttons used into the text or to repeat the same word in several of
> the labels.

The problem is that the above sentence is broken up into several
properties, which makes translating (with appropriate subject/verb/
object order) impossible. I'd suggest solving this problem first, and
later worry about the best way to deal with the button labels being
duplicated in message text (for now duplicating the text seems like
the simplest, albeit less than ideal, solution).