[Building Sakai] Site Stats / Realm script ?

Jon Wheat jwheat at messiah.edu
Wed Apr 21 07:32:01 PDT 2010

Once again, you come to the rescue :)
thanks, I'll give it a try.

-Jon

>>> Steve Swinsburg <steve.swinsburg at gmail.com> 4/20/2010 9:38 PM >>>
Hi Jon,

Yes, you can use the copyRole web service which will sync up a role's permissions in a site from a role in a different site, eg setup the roles with the correct persons in a !site.template and use that as your template to sync from. You could then script this to run over a list of sites.

The web service is in 2.7, but also here:
http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/~steve.swinsburg/Additional+web+services+for+Sakai

And you can use the sync-roles Perl script here:
https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib//lancaster.ac.uk/webservice-scripts/sync-roles-in-sites.pl

cheers,
Steve