[Building Sakai] Creating a user with username = email in Sakai3

Christian Vuerings vueringschristian at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 05:32:02 PDT 2010

Currently we are not able to create a username that is equal to the email of a user. (SAKIII-325 [1] )

This is because the back-end (nakamura) currently accepts the following:
The following restrictions apply:
 - usernames cannot start with g-
 - They can only contain alphanumerical, _ and - .
 - usernames must contain more then 3 characters.
(copy/paste from an e-mail from Simon) [2]

Should we be able to comply with that use-case (userid = email) or not?

- Christian

[1] http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAKIII-325
[2] http://collab.sakaiproject.org/pipermail/sakai-ui-dev/2010-April/000024.html