[Building Sakai] 2.6.2 java heap space error

Boyd, Amy E amyboyd at txstate.edu
Tue Apr 13 12:36:21 PDT 2010

I have tried both of these suggestions to no avail (upping the Xmx value and adding -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 to the MAVEN_OPTS variable.

Is there something else that could be causing this?  I'm using java version 1.5.0_19 and wondering if that's the problem?  Should I be using 1.5.0_18 instead?  I did read that there were problems with versions < 18 but haven't heard anything about 19.